What should be included in XBRL report for MBRS filing with SSM?
How to put together statutory accounts in XBRL
What is annual return (AR)
The Malaysian Business Reporting System (MBRS) refers to the submission platform based on the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) format.
The MBRS allows for the submission of:
- Annual Return (AR);
- Financial Statements and Report (FS); and
- Exemption Applications (EA) related to the FS and AR.
What are the taxonomy and accounting standards to be followed?
SSM XBRL Taxonomy (SSMxT) is a dictionary of financial and nonfinancial reporting element of FS, AR and EA embedded in MBRS Preparation Tool (mTool)
The SSMxT is based on the IFRS Taxonomy 2017 and incorporates local customization to support Malaysian additional information requirement under Companies Act 2016, Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRS) and Malaysian Private Entities Reporting Standard (MPERS).
The scope of the SSM taxonomy applicable to financial statements
- FS-MFRS : Financial Statements - Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRS)
- FS-MPERS: Financial Statements - Malaysian Private Entities Reporting Standards (MPERS);
- FS-CLBG : Financial Statements - Companies Limited by Guarantee (CLBG)
- FS-FC: Financial Statements - Foreign Company
- FS-EPC: Financial Statements - Exempt Private Companies
The scope of the SSM taxonomy applicable to annual returns :
- AR1: Annual return for companies having share capital
- AR2: Annual return for companies not having share capital
- AR3: Annual return for foreign companies
- AR4: Annual return for unchanged particulars
What information should be included in financial statements?
The financial statements can be filed
- based on MFRS for Public or Private Companies;
- based on MPERS for Private Companies;
- based on MFRS for Company Limited by Guarantee; and
- for Exempt Private Company,requires ony disclosure of an Auditor’s Report and Certificate for EPC.
The contents of the financial statements should include the following financial information:
- Statement of Comprehensive Income/Income Statement;
- Statement of Financial Position /Balance Sheet/Profit or Loss;
- Statement of Changes in Equity;
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Notes to the financial statements; and
- Audit Statements, if applicable
In additional certain non-financial information also should be included, as applicable
- Director's Report;
- Statement of Directors;
- Directors business review;
- Auditors report to members
- Stock exchange information(only applicable to public listed companies)
Exemption Applications (EA) related to the FS and AR
All companies are strictly required to file full sets of Financial Statements unless exempted by SSM. Key Financial Indicator (KFI) is an abridged filing of salient financial information. Companies are allowed to submit Key Financial Indicator (KFI) once granted approval for the “Application for exemption from filing financial statements in full XBRL format (EA2)” from SSM.